I cannot get enough of this tea. I’m pretty convinced it was the extra bit of love that I made it with.
I’ve enjoyed practicing yoga with ‘Yoga with Adriene’ on You Tube for quite awhile, but what an added blessing it has been during the quarantine to have this outlet. Not only benefitting from the physical, but from the much needed mental aspects of yoga with Adriene being such a positive, gentle soul with just the right amount of quirkiness!
I ran across this recipe for her yogi tea quite awhile ago and has been on that never ending list in my head of things to make/do. There really is no excuse of why it took me so long to finally check it off. But, I’m so glad I finally did.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 black tea bag
- 20 black peppercorns
- 20 cardamom pods
- 15 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 slices fresh ginger
- Boil the water
- While that is heating up, take a minute to breathe in love and out love
- Smash the cardamom pods with the flat side of a knife to release the seeds
- Slice the ginger
- Place all the ingredients, except for the tea into into the boiling water
- Just appreciate how good it smells
- After a few minutes, put tea bag into water
- Simmer for 30 or so minutes
- Enjoy, with however you like your tea. I added almond milk
- Store in fridge for future cuppas
* I can’t do this recipe justice, you really should just watch her You Tube video to get the full effect😀